As you create better Altars in Conan Exiles, you have better access to Religion and additional powers (Magic, Sorcery,etc). Right from the start you will be able to build an altar to your god (other than Crom), and from the given altar you can craft your religious Artifact and get access to some helpful Recipes.
There are three NPCs that can teach player the basic Altar for each god in the cost of one knowledge point.
Gaining Favor for the Gods
You gain favor for the three gods in different ways. One such option is by killing other players or human NPCs and using your religious artifact on their dead bodies.
- Use your Setite ritual knife to cut out the hearts of your enemies and bring them to his altar to gain Set's favor.
- Gain Yog's favor by using your cleaver to harvest unblemished human flesh and roasting it in a Yog pit.
- Purify the bodies of fallen enemies with your Mitraen Ankh and bring the lingering essence of their souls to an altar of Mitra to gain his favor.
The altar of each god has three tiers, and you need to gather a lot of favor to be able to upgrade them. You also need to progress through the ranks of the clergy in order to gain access to the different tiers of altars.
- Each tier unlocks additional Recipes, such as strong religious Weapons or particularly nourishing Food.
- It is advisable to join up with other players and form a clan, so everyone can work together to gather favor.
- Not every member of a clan needs to spend knowledge points learning the religious recipes since one player can craft the religious implements and Items for everyone in a clan.